These are the eight “rules of engagement” according to Christopher Madison, regional director of Digital Strategy for Millward Brown.
1. Be selective about the content and choose the right tactics to motivate key influencers.
2. Avoid hard selling.
3. Give a “face” to the company so users can better relate to the brand.
4. Be an object of desire.
5. Play by the rules and speak the language of the users.
6. Be transparent about your intentions, motivations and what others are talking about you.
7. Pay attention to small details to deliver a personalized experience.
8. Keep users in suspense about what’s coming next.