Keep up to date with the latest digital marketing statistics.
General Internet Statistics
- As of January 2022, 204.7 million out of 277.7 million Indonesians are internet users , accounting for 73.7 percent of the population (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- 370.1 million internet users are active mobile users (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- 191.4 million of internet users are social media users (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- As of January 2022, 66.1% of Indonesian internet users use the internet (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Average daily use of the internet counts for 8 hours and 36 minutes (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Average daily use of social media counts for 3 hours and 17 minutes (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- 99.5% of Thai users used mobile to access the internet in 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- 93.5% of users are actively engaged with or contributed to social media in the past month of January 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- The top 5 most popular News and Media Publishers websites in Indonesia in 2022 are:
- Indonesians engage their phones in many various ways. These are the most popular activities in the Indonesian population:
Use mobile messengers: 68.2%
Watch videos: 58.8%
Play games: 41.2%
Shop online: 72%
Listen to music: 56.7%
Use mobile banking: 28.8%
Use mobile map services:82%
(We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- There are 370.1 million cellular mobile connections in Indonesia at the start of 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Mobile connections in Indonesia were equivalent to 133.3% of the total population in January 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Indonesia has an average fixed broadband download speed of 30.98 Mbps and an average mobile download speed of 24.32 Mbps. The country ranked at 112 for mobile download speed and at 127 for fixed broadband download speed (Speedtest, 2022).
- 60.6% of Indonesians purchased a product or service online. There are 158.6 million people who purchased products via the internet (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Six emerging consumer themes in March 2022 are:
Omni channel is ascendent
Increased intent in spend
A tentative return to out-of-home
Loyalty shake-up continues
More planning for large get-togethers
- Top 10 websites Indonesians visit comprise of mostly search engines and social media sites:
- 94.1% of smartphone users search in order to find local information from their smartphone (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- The top 5 sources of new brand discoveries include:
Search engines (40.3%)
Social media ads (35.7%)
Social media comments (35%)
Brand websites (30.6%)
TV Ads (30%)
- Revenue in the Digital Advertising market in Indonesia amounts to US$2.65 billion in 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- The market's largest segment is Search Advertising with a projected market volume of US$1057 million in 2022 (Statistica, 2022).
- Indonesia's top 5 searches on Google in 2022 for each category:
Education & How Tos:
- Translate Inggris
- Inggris Indonesia
- Google Translate
What is this?
- WA WEB
- Tiktok download
- Download video tiktok
- Tiktok video
- The average email marketing behavior in Indonesia:
Open rate: 14.04%
Click-through rate: 0.88%
Click-to-open rate: 6.29%
Unsubscribe rate: 0.08%
Spam rate: 0.00%
E-Commerce & M-Commerce
- There are 158.6 million consumers that made an online purchase till Feb 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- The value of the market for online consumer goods purchases is US$53.81 billion (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- In Indonesia, optimism about future economic conditions increased more than 25 percent over September 2020 from an already high base, boosted by planning for the upcoming holiday season. Eight out of ten consumers say they will dine out, shop for gifts, and redecorate. Out-of-home activities are generally rising but remain far below pre pandemic levels (McKinsey & Company, 2022).
- Fashion is the largest segment in Indonesia and accounts for 31% of the eCommerce revenue in Indonesia. It is followed by Electronics & Media with 23%, Food & Personal Care with 16%, Toys, Hobby & DIY with 16%, and Furniture & Appliances with the remaining 14% (Janio, 2022).
- There are currently 158.6 million eCommerce users in Indonesia. Revenue in the eCommerce market is projected to reach US$62.59bn in 2022 (Statistica, 2022).
- The market's largest segment is online shopping with a projected market volume of US$30 billion in 2022 (Globaldata, 2022).
- There are currently 158.6 million eCommerce users in Indonesia. In the eCommerce market, the number of users is expected to amount to 221.0m users by 2025. Indonesian e-commerce market is expected to register a robust 23.8% growth in 2022 and reach IDR420.8 trillion ($30bn) in 2022 (Statistica, 2022).
- In a report, Indonesians have increased usage in apparel, travel and delivery orders, 68% of respondents intend to continue their increased spending in the future (McKinsey & Company, 2022).
- 67.6% of the respondents go to the mall once a month or more frequently. Female respondents are more likely to go shopping than male respondents (StandardInsights, 2022).
- The average revenue per user (ARPU) isUS$349.80 in Indonesia by the end of 2022 (Statistica, 2022)
- Ad spending in the Social Media Advertising segment is projected to reach US$1.06bn in 2022 (Statistica, 2022).
- 56.8% of social media users in Indonesia use an ad blocking tool (Backlinko, 2022).
- 97.1% of Indonesians are watching streaming content in 2022 (Statistica, 2022).
- 18.0% of the respondents paid for at least one streaming service. It reveals that a majority of the respondents are not using streaming services and that it is not common in Indonesia (StandardInsights, 2022).
- 84% of Consumers in Indonesia are willing to see ads in exchange for free streaming video (MMA Global, 2020).
- Top online activities for Indonesians at least once a week:
Visit social networks:61.1%
Watch videos: 96.9%
Language translation 49.7%
Listening music 47.5%
Social media 82.7%
(We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022)
Social Media Marketing
Kang Dedi Mulyadi
Presiden Joko Widodo
Facebook messenger: 48.6%
(We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022)