Vietnam Digital Marketing Statistics 2022
Keep up to date with the latest digital marketing statistics.
General Internet Statistics
- As of January 2022, 72.1 million out of 98.56 million Vietnamese are internet users, accounting for 73.2% of the population (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- 72.1 million internet users are active mobile users (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- 76.95 million of internet users are social media users (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- As of January 2022, 73.2% of Vietnamese internet users use the internet everyday (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Average daily use of the internet counts for 6 hours and 38 minutes (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Average daily use of social media counts for 2 hours and 28 minutes (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- 76.9% of users visited or used a social network or messaging service in February 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- 85.2% of users used any kind of social media platform in February 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Post COVID-19 era saw an increase in the online activity of Vietnamese. 71.4% used the internet to stay in touch with friends and family, 69% for finding information, and 68.4% for following the news and current events (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Vietnamese engage their phones in many various ways. These are the most popular activities in the Vietnamese population:
Staying in touch with friends and family : 71.4%
Finding information : 69%
Follow news and events : 68.4%
Watching videos , TV shows and Movies :59.6%
Researching brand : 53.8%
(We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Mobile connections are 97.7% of the entire population of Vietnam (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Vietnam has an average fixed broadband download speed of 73.52 Mbps and an average mobile download speed of 36.71 Mbps, the country ranks 44th for fixed broadband download speed and ranks at 52 for mobile download speed in the world (Speedtest, 2022).
- 58.2% Vietnamese purchased a product or service online while 27.3% ordered groceries via an online store (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- Post COVID-19 era has changed the Vietnamese consumer:
- Households are getting smaller
- Seniors are accounting for an increasing share of consumption
- Digital natives are becoming an increasing force in Vietnam’s consumption
- Women’s economic empowerment presents a large opportunity
- The rise of the small-city and suburban consumers
- Top 10 websites Vietnamese visit comprise of mostly search engines and social media sites:
- 54.9% traffic on the web is generated from mobile phones (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- The top 5 sources of new brand discoveries include:
Search engines (35.6%),
Ads in Mobile Apps (30.6%),
TV Ads (30.5%),
Product Comparison Sites (28.9%)
and (28.5%) Brand Websites.
- Total annual spend on online consumer goods purchase is $12.42 billion in Vietnam (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- The market's largest segment is the segment Confectionery & Snacks with a market volume of US$13.18 billion in 2022 (Statista, 2022)
- According to the Vietnamese Government Website, “Vietnam” has become the fourth most searched country in the world (Baochinhphu, 2022).
- The market's largest segment is Banner Ads with a spending value of US$ 432.7 million in 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022)
- Vietnamese’ top 10 searches on Google in 2022 for each category:
- The average email marketing behaviour in Vietnam:
Open rate: 22.0%
Click-through rate: 0.77%
Click-to-open rate: 3.15%
Unsubscribe rate: 0.07%
Spam rate: 0.00%
E-Commerce & M-Commerce
- The value of the market for online consumer goods purchases is US$ 12.42 billion and average annual revenue per consumer goods is $240 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022)
- Total Vietnamese eCommerce revenue across all product categories is $12.42 billion, with Electronics at $4.80 billion, Fashion $2.12 billion, Furniture $1.65 billion, Toys, Hobby, DIY at $1.34 billion, Personal and Household Care at $1.14 billion, Food at $803.5 million, Beverages 317.3 million, and Physical Media at $247.1 million (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- There are currently 58.2 million eCommerce users in Vietnam. The expected revenue for 2022 will amount to a total of US$14.81 billion in Vietnam (Viettonkin Consulting, 2022)
- The market's largest segment is Electronics with a projected market volume of US$4.80 billion in 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- There are currently 51.78 million eCommerce users in Vietnam (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- There were 51.78 million consumers that made an online purchase in 2022 (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022).
- The average revenue per user (ARPU) currently amounts to US $61.74 in Vietnam (Gmadept, 2022).
- Revenue in the Social Media Advertising segment amounts is US366.40 million in 2022 (Statista, 2022).
- 34.7% of social media users in Indonesia use an ad blocking tool (Backlinko, 2022)
- 56% of consumers have increased their consumption of streaming content in 2021 (Statista, 2022).
- 42.80 million users are a potential reach of ads on YouTube, which is 61.1% of the total population of Thailand (We Are Social x Hootsuite, 2022)
- Top online activities for Vietnames are:
Stream movies or music: 61%
Online shopping: 59%
Access E-mail: 58%
Search for information and shop online: 56%
Read newspaper: 55%
Participate in forums, social networks: 53%
Social Media Marketing
(Vietnam Credit, 2021)
Facebook : 93.8%
Zalo : 91.3%
Facebook messenger :82.2%
Twitter : 34.4%
Skype : 17.4%